Ekornes is looking for a Sales and Marketing Assistant to support the sales and marketing team throughout 2017 / 18 to help cover maternity leave. The role will support the National Account and Marketing manager developing marketing campaigns involving the entire marketing mix. The role will help with the day to day support for our main National account with their day to day running.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of marketing, be extremely self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be confident in dealing with a variety of stakeholders. Strong organisational and planning skills are a must as there will be multiple projects on the go throughout the year.
* Be the first point of contact for all retailer marketing requests e.g. brochures, artwork and marketing images
* Support the Business Development team with the creative requests for the retailers local marketing
* Assist the business development team with the administration of their local marketing plans
* Support the National account and Marketing manager with writing creative briefs and copy for the main seasonal campaigns
* Support the coordination of department meetings and taking meeting minutes
* Assist with the management of image assets
* Manage the marketing purchase order system
* Day to day administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
* Support the National Account and Marketing manager by work with internal stakeholders and HSL to ensure the smooth running of the account
* Manage weekly delivery checks with Customer service to ensure product coming in on time
* Undergraduates who are looking to secure their 3rd year placement
* Should be studying Marketing, Business or a related degree
* Should be on course for a 2:2 or higher
* Demonstrates initiative and contributes to team processes
* Takes ownership
* Effective team player with a positive and enthusiastic approach
* Ability to manage own time and hit deadlines
* Flexibility to prioritise work in response to ad hoc requests and unexpected developments
* Good written & verbal communication skills
* Open minded with a desire to help solve problems with colleagues and assist within the team.
* Able to manage multiple requests from central / overseas stakeholders.
* Ability to convey information clearly
* Proven knowledge / experience of MS Office or similar (including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
* Analytical and problem solving skills
Type: 12 Month Student/Industrial Placement
Salary: £16k – £18k
Location: Central London
Start Date: Asap
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 31/7/17
Established in 1934 Ekornes is the largest furniture manufacturer in the Nordic region. Our principal brand, Stressless, is globally recognised as one of the leading product ranges in the furniture industry. Manufactured in Norway, Ekornes is dedicated to producing furniture that is focused on comfort, quality and design.
* Working with the largest Nordic Recliner manufacturer
* Ekornes has a small UK team so the candidate will get great exposure to all forms of Marketing with a well-known brand spending over £1 million a year on Marketing
* Central London location
* Strong team around for support and guidance
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!
** We advise you to apply early