Product Cost Engineer
Type: 12 Month Graduate Role
Salary: circa. £22,000
Start Date: 1st July 2016
Closing Date of Applications: 31/05/2016
Rolls-Royce Product Cost Engineering, part of Engineering Capability, is looking to recruit a Product Cost Engineer to help develop future unit cost methods and tools. The role is based in Derby.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. This means having an effective business model, clear objectives and a dedicated workforce. It means providing a framework that inspires future leaders, encourages collaboration and helps people focus on the jobs they’re meant to do and fulfil the potential they have. As a Product Cost Engineer you’ll play a critical role in keeping the company running. You will build the next generation cost information infrastructure in the company to enable accurate decision making.
Focus will be on the early R&T stages of method development working with the University Technology Centre (UTC) network and the wider cost / manufacturing community to develop cost engineering capability. You will also provide guidance to design engineers on Product Cost tools and methods.
* Work with UTCs / Rolls-Royce research engineers on new cost tools / methods evaluation.
* Integrate/embed cost capability into design systems at all levels – system / sub-system – commodity as required.
* Identify, develop and implement cost methods and tools around the gas turbine product to improve the cost estimation management process.
* Operate and influence to improve the cost optimisation process.
Rolls-Royce designs, develops, manufactures and services integrated power systems for use in the air, on land and at sea. They are one of the world’s leading producers of aero engines for large civil aircraft and corporate jets. They are the second largest provider of defence aero engines and services in the world.
* You will hold a Degree, or have experience in an appropriate engineering discipline:
Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial/Production or Computer Science
* You will have experience developing engineering methods / capability, ideally with some cost engineering content.
* You have a strong background in data analysis and have a track record in application development using various programming languages (C, C#, .Net, Java) and web services.
* You will possess good IT skills, be comfortable with managing ambiguity and will have strong business acumen and analytical skills.
* You will have some knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly on those associated with the production of Gas Turbines components.
* You will have the ability to communicate with a variety of disciplines and management levels.
So, if you think you have what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic opportunity, hit the apply button!
Please send your full up-to-date CV and a covering letter that highlights why you are the right person for job.