Graduate Manufacturing Chemist Engineer
Type: Graduate Placement (12 months)
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
No of Vacancies: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 31/3/2016
To evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly tooling, materials and test procedures to develop, improve and implement operationally excellent manufacturing methods.
What the job entails
* Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate standard.
* Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and application of lean/6 sigma processes.
* Lead, participate in and promote continuous improvement through lean principles within facility applying a suite of improvement tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen Event, Poka Yoke, VSM, 4Q, PFMEA etc.
* Ensure operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
* Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
* Manage specific projects as and when required.
* Resolve technical and QA issues.
* Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment and equipment layout.
* Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques (Automation).
* Ensuring both factory and cell design meet all customer requirements.
* Lead verification and validation of manufacturing methods.
* Perform manufacturing/ value chain process assessment and make operational re-designs targeting safety improvements, customer delivery improvement and productivity and cost optimisation.
* Perform tests accurately to ensure reproducibility. Assume responsibilities for the maintenance and trouble-shooting of the instrumentation to perform the laboratory tests.
* Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI process.
* Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
* Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
* Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
* Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
A leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* MSc in Chemistry subject, preferably Electrochemistry.
* 1 – 3 years experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment or design/production of pH or Dissolved Oxygen monitors.
* Lean manufacturing/automation experience will be advantageous.
* Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication skills.
* IT skills – including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (Desirable).
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early