A Contracts Engineer is required for our clients Analyser and Instrumentation business based in St Neots, Cambridgeshire & Stonehouse Glocs. You will be working in the Projects group alongside the Project Bid and Execution manager and Technical manager.
You will be responsible for CGA Analyzer selection and design for quotation and proposals generation initially, developing over time into Instrumentation bids and projects. At the bid stage activities will be geared towards securing the business with interaction with External Sales and Account managers and client clarification requests and meetings. Post order you will be responsible for documentation control and project management to time, scope and cost to clients requirements, being the point of contact with the customer. The balance between quoting and post order management will be per the business requirements.
They will work with you to provide the training, experience and development as needed. The company has many training programs available to support the technical, sales and project aspects.
You will be working on real projects, and wherever you are working you will be contributing from your first day and be able to demonstrate your skills, abilities, motivation and commitment, making a positive contribution to the company’s business.
What the job entails
* Gain an understanding of the company CGA Analyzer & Instrumentation Portfolio
* Professional Proposal Generation and bid clarification
* Project management to time, scope and cost
* Documentation Control
* Manage customer expectations and to deliver high quality solutions to all the companys customers
* Drive towards continual improvement
* Constant learning and expansion of knowledge in Technical Aspects, Commercial Aspects and Project Aspects
* Flexibility between proposals and projects activities, managing changing priorities
* You will be a self motivated, proactive professional, keen to deliver on projects and build upon existing skills.
* Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or an appropriate Engineering/Science field – minimum 2:1
* Team player
* Good communicator (verbal and written)
* Technical ability to identify cost optimised solutions
* Well organised
* Good time management skills
* Aim for/have a Professional accreditation
Salary: £25,000 p/a
Location: St. Neots. (Cambridgeshire) & Stonehouse (Gloucestershire)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 10th December 2017
Our client is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a short cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
** We advise you to apply early