Events Executive Intern
Type: 12 Month Student Placement
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Location: Central London
Start Date: August 2016
Closing Date of Applications: 9th June 2016
On behalf of our client, VisitBritain, we are currently recruiting for an Events Executive Intern to join their B2B division on a 12 month placement. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive undergraduate looking to gain valuable experience within the Events field.
Summary of role:
To assist the events team with event logistical support, familiarisation trip organisation, data collection, financial processing including pro-active calling to chase for payments, as well as responding to general emails received into the events inbox for the upcoming ExploreGB event which is being held in March 2017.
Assist with Events Logistics:
* Assist the Sales & Events Executive and Events & Exhibitions Manager with all aspects of the event logistics for ExploreGB
* Respond to delegate email and telephone enquiries
* Coordinate hotel rooming list requirements for delegates
* Coordinate airport transfer requirements for buyers and staff
* Accurately fill in, maintain and check logistic spreadsheets such as table plans, flight details, coach transfer arrangements etc.
* Assist with the preparation of delegate materials
* Proactively chase delegates to complete appointment preferences
* Attend and support the overall running of UK based and international events
Support the Finance Management for Events:
* Raise invoices, credit notes and purchase orders where required
* Update the event management system with financial data to ensure we have an overview of which UK suppliers have paid
* Call suppliers who have not yet paid to attend ExploreGB
* Work with the B2B Executive to ensure all income and expenditure is being clearly recorded and that we are staying on budget.
Organise buyer familiarisation trips:
* Collect data to be included within the fam trip booklets
* Ensure POs have been correctly raised and invoices collected
* Liaise with overseas offices where required
* Upload content onto ExploreGB website
Create the supplier directory for events:
* Chase suppliers for company descriptions, company contact details, logos etc. and upload to the event management system
* Work with the design team to ensure the printed supplier directory is correct
* Work with the overseas offices to ensure buyer information is being collected before the print deadlines.
* Accurately proof read and check the delegate directory to ensure that mistakes are corrected.
* Contribute new/refreshing ideas for modernising the existing directory
Respond to enquiries which are sent to the central events inbox:
* Use response templates where appropriate
* Ensure all enquires are responded within an acceptable time frame
To provide the intern with an exciting opportunity to work on up to date projects within a fast paced tourism environment. This will enable the intern/student to gain real life work experience and skills which will add value to the work of VisitBritain and support the intern in the achievement of their qualification. The Successful Intern will have the opportunity to travel through UK and Internationally with the team.
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy. Their mission is to grow the value of inbound tourism to Britain, working with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas. Through their global reach, they aim to increase visitor spend to all parts of Britain and improve Britain’s ranking in the eyes of international visitors.
* Open to undergraduates who are looking to secure their 3rd year placement
* Open to all degree disciplines
* Should be on course for a 2:2 or higher
* Willingness to make outbound telephone calls (non-sales related)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Fully computer literate: specific knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and image editing software
* Well organised and process driven with the ability to produce clear and accurate reports
* Working knowledge of the travel trade (UK and international) would be an advantage
* Proven organisational and self-management skills
* Good financial management skills
* Ability to work independently and on own initiative
* Strong team orientation with a willingness and preparedness to share and seek information and knowledge, and to help and support others in the team
* Ability to identify and understand customer needs and have the ability to balance and mediate different interest
* Well-developed problem solving skills and positive “can do” attitude
* Flexible and adaptable
So, if you think you have got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!
Please apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter via SES highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
** We advise you to apply early