The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham at present has a card index to provide details of its deed archive. It wants to put in place a database, which will index its existing deed packet numbers against Land Registry Title numbers, and other property information.
The task will involve data entry and transcription, and retrieval and examination of existing deed records.
Comparison will need to be made across approximately 2500 deed packets.
Further work may be required in:
* Dealing with queries arising
* Dealing with registration of leaseholders of right to buy and other residential leases
* Open to Graduates who studied Law
* Successful candidates will have some experience/understanding of property law and records.
* Attention to detail
* Familiarity with basic Microsoft Excel
* The legal offices are on the third floor, and deeds are stored in racking in a second floor basement. *There will be a need to take a trolley between these floors and to retrieve and return deeds to the racking.
* Suitable for someone living in the London Area
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!
** We advise you to apply early
Type: Internship (1 month with a possibility of an extension)
Salary: £16 per hour
Location: Town Hall Kensington, London W8 7NX
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: ?
There is an arrangement between the councils of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and the City of Westminster, whereby legal services are shared.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in this exciting environment.