Top 5 reasons of writing a good CV
People make a mistake of underestimating the importance of writing a good CV. People who do not consider their CVs as important as themselves will lose out big time. In this post, we will try to give a wakeup call to all those people who have this mentality, but also to remind everyone else on the importance of writing a good CV.
1. Everyone needs a CV nowadays: No matter what job, or in which industry you’re applying for, you will need a CV in the process of the application. Even jobs that some people consider ‘low-end’ will ask for your CV. Jobs that are found through word-of-mouth also require a CV (sooner, or later). The only exception that we can think of is when you’re applying for a job at your dad’s antique shop!
2. You = (your) CV: This simple, non-Einsteinish formula says that you are what your CV shows and tells who you are; after all, it is your personal sales brochure. No matter how good the service or product is, if it is presented in a bad light it will be considered of little value. It is as simple as that. This point alone should illustrate the importance of writing a good/professional CV.
3. Your first point of contact with the potential employer: You’ve probably heard the expression ‘First impressions are lasting ones’; your CV is usually your first impression with a potential employer. Your CV has the power and authority to either make or break your chances of being invited to an interview!
4. The competition is rife in the job market: The good ol’ days of jobs being available to anyone getting a school, college or university certificate are long gone. What you’re facing now is a monster. It’s called the 21 st century job market. Getting a job in the 21 st century job market means that you will be competing for a single job with at least a few dozen other highly-qualified and job-hungry applicants. Can you afford to be left behind? Can you afford not giving the right importance to your CV?
5. Save yourself time (and headache!): Since you’re going to write a CV anyway, why not make it of a high standard straight away? Low quality CVs do not tend to get much attention at all; this will make you frustrated and damage your self-esteem. Let me tell you this, the problem is not with you!
It’s not that you’re not good enough for any of the 100 jobs that you have applied over the past few months; it is your CV that is not up to scratch!
Save yourself time, give importance to your CV, invest some time in writing the best CV that you can write and then apply for jobs. Without the proper CV, you’re fighting a losing battle.
These were just five reasons for the importance of writing a good and professional CV. If you give your CV the appropriate importance and time; it will improve your chances of being invited to interviews considerably.