This is an excellent opportunity for a student to join one of the fastest growing companies in the industry and gain invaluable experience of the workplace. Based at our head office in Somerset you will work closely with our Company Microbiologist and Quality Control team, gaining invaluable knowledge within a cGMP (MHRA) accredited company, based in state of the art, purpose built facilities.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Undertake project work for the Company Microbiologist.
* Assist QC Analysts with day to day duties in the on-site Analysis Suite, including plate counting, sample analysis, sample and media preparation.
Projects will include:
* Determination of the optimum resuscitation times of products for probiotic testing by probiotic type.
* Determination of the most appropriate Total Count and specific count method for optimum yields by individual products.
* Investigate optimum sample preparation conditions differing sample matrices such as low pH products or products containing microbial inhibitors.
* Assist in specific microbiology trial work as required by other departments in PIL.
* The ideal candidate will be studying for a Microbiology Degree, or other degree where microbiology forms part of the curriculum
* Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work with a high level of accuracy and precision
* IT literate with good level of Microsoft Excel and Word
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with colleagues throughout all levels of the organisation
* Curiosity in the field of probiotics with the desire to enhance knowledge
* GCSE English and Mathematics, or equivalent. Or 1 years relevant work experience where English and Mathematical ability can be demonstrated.
Interested in applying?
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV plus a covering letter by 19th May 2017 to Claire Rowswell – HR Manager [email protected]
Type: 12 Month Student Placement
Salary: £14,235 per annum
Start Date: August 2017
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 19th May 2017
Protexin is dedicated to producing innovative, research based probiotic products for human and animal health, such as the popular multi-strain probiotic, Bio-Kult. Our belief is that nature is an ideal source of effective healthcare solutions, and that applied research and understanding can harness these solutions to the benefit of both humans and animals. For more information, visit their website: www.protexin.com
Probiotics International Ltd (Protexin) is a multi-award winning Company and our employees are key to our success, as without them we couldn’t do anything. Our team is growing strong with over 130 hardworking and dedicated employees, it’s vital that we care for the wellbeing and career development of all employees and as such provide a broad range of benefits including 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare, cycle to work scheme, and a huge host of other benefits that offer all employees a variety of different choices. Our long service awards demonstrate the commitment of employees, with a number of awards given out yearly for 10 and 15 year employment milestones. Our people make Probiotics International Ltd (Protexin) the success it is today and in the future.