EVENT MANAGEMENT PLACEMENT student with a flair for sales and marketing needed for an Event Management company.
The Event Management Placement student will be supporting the Managing Director in all aspects of the day to day running of the office, based in Epsom, Surrey. Candidates will ideally have a background in public relations or marketing, with knowledge of events or the nightlife industry.
Event Management duties include:
* Researching market for upcoming event opportunities and gain venue relationships
* Gathering and interpreting information for business research to add to the venue/supplier database
* Assisting PR colleagues in PR and marketing projects
* Seeking out suitable brand partnership opportunities for the company
* Assisting in the production of the events team on the day of events
* Liaising with potential, new and existing clients to generate business
* Develop events for clients from start to finish
* Host club nights (either Friday or Saturday night) as a promoter of a club to network and generate new clientele
* Responsible for weekly email Campaigns and updates
* Maintain an up-to-date and relevant Company presence on social media platforms
PA/EM duties, including but not limited to:
* Daily ad hoc duties to assist the Managing Director in his day to day life
* Organisation of internal and external meetings, taking dictation, arranging and attending meetings
* Creating and managing budgets
* Creating proposals, reports and presentations
* Making, receiving and screening phone calls
* Mail merge and mail outs
* General administrative assistance
* Excellent command of English language, both written and verbal
* Excellent all round IT skills, including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Proactive and enthusiastic personality
* Professional attitude
* Strong organisational skills
* Confident decision maker
* Ability to work on your own initiatives and to tight deadlines
* Flexibility and adaptability – will be required to manage a range of different tasks and occasionally work extra hours to meet deadlines
* Understanding of confidentiality issues and the need for discretion
* Able to maintain good relationships with clients, key contacts and colleagues alike
* Comfortable and confident with communication with colleagues at all levels of seniority
* Must be creative and innovative
Type: 12 Month Placement
Location: Surrey, London
Start Date: Summer 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 23rd July 2017
Cornucopia Events™ is an award winning and revolutionary full service Event Management Company with a fantastic reputation for producing outstanding events and with a huge portfolio of repeat business clients that include household brands such as 20th Century Fox, BBC, Cartier, Coca-Cola, Credit Suisse, Fashion TV, Mercedes, Morgan Stanley, MTV, Sony and X Factor.
Interested in applying?
To apply for this placement, please go to www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/placements and download the application form. Details on how to submit your application can be found at the end of the form.
Applications are open for both 2016/17 and 2017/18 academic years.
— This is a placement position with a possibility of becoming a permanent employee of the company. Additional incentives apply.