Supply Chain Assistant (German Speaker)
Type: 12 Month Student Placement
Salary: £12,000 + shared accommodation & utility costs
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire
Start Date: July 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 31/03/2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a student to join our client, a leading manufacturer of frozen confectionery products, as a Supply Chain Assistant for 12 months. This is a great opportunity for a student who is looking for an industrial placement in order to gain valuable experience in working in a fast paced business environment.
Key areas of involvement
The student may be involved with some or all of the areas below, flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude required.
* Monitor orders
* Check availability and update product stock
* Volume forecasting
* Tour Planning
* Liaise with Supply Chain to optimise customer service levels
* Regular communication with customers regarding delivery status
* Review of logistics costs against budget
* Use and analysis of customer databases
* Prepare regular reports on performance, both internal and external
Plus any other business activities as required
* A wide-ranging and challenging placement in a successful business operating in a tough market environment
* The possibility to gain overall commercial knowledge of our Supply Chain Management as well as the overall business
* Responsibility and the opportunity to make a positive impact on our logistics supply chain
* Above all, the chance to work in a team of motivated, creative and tenacious colleagues who are managing all aspects of a fast growing international business
A leading manufacturer of frozen confectionery products in Europe. Their products consist of Cream Desserts, Cakes and Tarts, National Specialities, Pastry Desserts and Baileys® Desserts, which are all uniquely enjoyable and outstandingly tasty. Their product quality has earned them a whole string of awards and certifications, which are a testimony to their success.
* It is essential that applicants are able to speak German. It is important to state this on your CV
* Students who apply must be taking a year out in industry
* Applicants must be studying a business related degree: International Business, Business Management, Business Administration degrees are especially desirable
* Applicants must be able to demonstrate a clear interest in Supply Chain Management
* Very good computer skills (especially Excel)
* Interpersonal and team working skills
* Self-motivation and good organisational skills
* A good sense of humour, a flexible and international approach and the desire to work in a fun but extremely challenging environment
Please apply by sending in your CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting skills/experience required for the role.
We advise you to apply early.