Staff Writer – Digital Photographer
Type: Graduate Job
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 17/7/2015
Imagine Publishing, a worldwide multimedia content producer within the technology, photography, knowledge and videogames market sectors, is looking for a creative and ambitious individual to join its Photography division.
Digital Photographer, created by working photographic professionals, is the kitbag essential for enthusiasts and pro photographers looking to refine their skills and bolster their portfolio. The Digital Photographer brand focuses on what good photographers really want – exceptional images, expert advice and all the latest technology explained.
As Staff Writer your role will principally involve producing a significant body of the written work within the magazine each month to weekly deadlines. You’ll be researching and writing entertaining articles on the latest photography techniques and digital cameras.
In return we can offer:
* A successful, creative working environment
* Generous holiday and salary package
* Career progression opportunities
* Great social activities programme
* Prime location in central Bournemouth – just a 5 minute stroll from the beach
* 4½ day working week
The Successful candidate will need:
* A strong background in and a passion for photography, with the ability to take high-quality photos themselves
* Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce technically accurate copy that is lively, accessible and enjoyable to read
* Strong organisational skills, with the ability to generate forward feature ideas and compile news
* The ability to establish good relationships with a large number of client and PR contacts
* Be happy to attend occasional meetings and press launches with clients in the UK and abroad
* The ability to learn and research new concepts quickly and speak about them in an authoritative tone
Does this sound like you? Then we’d like to talk to you now. Please include your CV, covering letter, and salary expectations in your application. Also include a link to a selection of your own photos (such as a gallery site eg Flickr). Please note that applications without salary details may not be processed.