Sensor Design Engineer
Type: Graduate Placement
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Duration: 18 months
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 13/11/2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our leading global Engineering client within their Analytical R&D department to work as a Sensor Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be working in a multi discipline product design team to create sensors and analysers for water applications. The work will include areas such as: sensor design, product evaluation testing and fluid handling.
What the job entails
* Innovate own designs from specifications
* Design experiments and create test regimes to evaluate design prototypes
* Test products to certified standard methods
* Work with suppliers to produce production quality components
* Work with other departments for the procurement and manufacture of mechanical assemblies
* Innovation of new product design
* Designing electrochemical and optical sensors from concept through to a manufacturable product
* Designing electromechanical systems for fluid control
Deals in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* A MSc degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
* Working knowledge of Mechanical engineering
* Practical, hands on creative designer able to generate design concepts from scratch
* Experience in sensor design
* Able to demonstrate attention to detail
* Self motivated, able to take the initiative
* Able to work in a multi discipline design team
* Knowledge of Electrochemical and/or Optical Sensing
* Experience in product development
* Experience of fluid handling systems
* 3D CAD experience (either SolidWorks/ProE)
* Familiar with rapid prototype techniques
* Please note: You should be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions, No sponsorship offered for this role.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early