To ensure that systems/processes necessary to deliver the company’s products to the marketplace are maintained and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost effective manner. As the S&OP Manager, you will be developing, leading and executing the business’s S&OP strategy, yielding improved value/experience for customers and an enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
What the job entails
* Facilitate the planning function, including creation of medium and long term plans to meet the needs of the customer base (ongoing contract reviews).
* Drive and co-ordinate the Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP), including the creation of the S&OP plan, chairing the S&OP meeting and execution of the agreed plan.
* Establish and maintain a demand planning.
* Coordinate a cross functional team on planning through periodic requirement cycles insuring performance to expectation and identification and implementation of improvement activities.
* Monitor operational performance against agreed plans, identify capacity variances, and ensure effective utilization and delivery of capacity.
* Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
* Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
* Execute all facets of the S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance.
* Liaise with Material Planners on short term inventory status and establish variance on open order commitment and formulate adequate communication to customers.
* It is desirable that you hold an academic qualification in a subject requiring strong analytical, conceptual and organization skills
* Proven experience of Inventory Planning and Demand Planning
* Very good understanding of operational and planning processes
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret production and demand data
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and improving a Sales and Operations planning process
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* SAP skills are essential in this role
* Customer facing, can do attitude
* Experience of manufacture of electromagnetic products or electrochemical products
* Integration of processes and systems
Type: 12 month contract
Salary: £29k – £31k
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 9th June 2017
Our client is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
** We advise you to apply early