Production Editor (Magazines)
Type: Graduate Job
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: Open
Imagine Publishing, a worldwide multimedia content producer within the technology, photography, knowledge and videogames market sectors, is looking for a talented and motivated Production Editor (Magazines).
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day subbing, proofing, and workflow management of Imagine’s most exciting magazines. You will ideally be familiar with InDesign and must be highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
Previous sub-editing experience is not essential but is preferable.
In return we can offer:
* A successful, creative working environment
* Generous holiday and salary package
* Career progression opportunities
* Great social activities programme
* Prime location in central Bournemouth – just a 5 minute stroll from the beach
* 4½ day working week
The successful applicant will need:
* Superb attention to detail and the ability to recognise grammatical errors.
* Excellent self-discipline, organisational and time management skills.
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well in a tight-knit creative team.
* The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
* Good writing skills, with the ability to craft and polish headlines, standfirsts and body text.
* The ability to follow and contribute towards Imagine Publishing’s house style.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign is preferred but not essential.
Does this sound like you? Then we’d like to talk to you now. Please apply to include your CV, covering letter and salary expectations. Please note that applications without salary details may not be processed.