New Product Development (NPD) Assistant
Type: 12 month Student Placement
Salary: £12,000 + shared accommodation & utility costs
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire
Start Date: July 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 3/03/2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a student to join our client, a leading manufacturer of frozen confectionery products, as a NPD Assistant for 12 months. This is a great opportunity for a student who is looking for an industrial placement in order to gain valuable experience in working in a fast paced business environment and has a keen interest in New Product Development.
Key areas of involvement
(The applicant may be involved with some or all of the areas below, flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude required)
* Regular contact and communications with our German head office
* Using internal systems to oversee the NPD admin process
* Working closely with customers to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to prior to launch
* Requesting and ensuring customer samples are ordered and delivered on time
* Preparing customer presentations and attending meetings
* Using market research data to monitor market developments
* Monitor exchange rates
Plus any other business activities as required
* A wide-ranging and challenging placement in a successful business operating in a tough market environment
* The possibility to gain overall knowledge of our NPD process and Commercial Management as well as the business as a whole
* Responsibility and the opportunity to make a positive impact on our NPD Department
* Above all, the chance to work in a team of motivated, creative and tenacious colleagues who are managing all aspects of a fast growing international business
A leading manufacturer of frozen confectionery products in Europe. Their products consist of Cream Desserts, Cakes and Tarts, National Specialities, Pastry Desserts and Baileys® Desserts, which are all uniquely enjoyable and outstandingly tasty. Their product quality has earned them a whole string of awards and certifications, which are a testimony to their success.
* German speaking (preferable)
* Food Technology based degree
* An interest in New Product Development and Commercial Management
* To be solution driven with the ability to make recommendations for improvement
* Excellent computer skills (Excel essential)
* Interpersonal and team working skills
* Self-motivation and good organisational skills
* A good sense of humour, a flexible and international approach and the desire to work in a fun but extremely challenging environment
Please apply by sending in your CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting skills/experience required for the role.
We advise you to apply early.