Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Type: Graduate Placement (18 months)
Salary: £43,500 (gross salary)
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
No of Vacancies: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 3/7/2016
The role will have an integral part in the continuous improvement process through application of specialist knowledge of processes and automation. The position holder will coach and develop site colleagues to ensure that technical expertise and automation knowledge is developed and maintained.
What the job entails
* Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation.
* Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
* Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance.
* Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation.
* Demonstrate commitment, upholding compliance in relation to product quality, people, safe working environment and change management.
* Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation.
* Facilitate contractor control and associated documentation/systems.
* Prioritise workload to ensure rapid response to plant and equipment failures in a cost effective way.
* Communicate effectively to report on status of plant and equipment.
* Complete and update plant maintenance records complying with all departmental procedures.
* Conduct corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown.
* Conduct, plan and improve preventative maintenance of site equipment.
* Support operations with technical queries.
* Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI process.
* Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
* Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
* Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
* Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
* Root cause Analysis with Analytical Products Manufacturing Environment.
A leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* MSc or PhD in Automation or Electrical Controls Technology
* 1 – 3 years’ experience in automation and electrical controls within a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge and/or experience in Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) is essential
* Highly motivated and able to work effectively in individual and group situations on a variety of tasks
* Excellent communication skills
* IT skills – including CAD, 3D modelling, MS Office Suite
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early