Junior Buyer Assistant
Type: 12 Month Student Placement
Start Date: Summer 2016
Closing Date of Applications: N/A
Junior buyer Assistant on a 12 month student placement commencing in Summer 2016. As a Procurement Assistant you will be responsible for Procurement reporting, new supplier creation process, data gathering and project work in the Procurement department. The role has the scope to include Procurement responsibilities for a small portfolio of subcategories and suppliers with a year placement.
Main tasks and duties
* Classify the tail spend into the right purchasing commodity to enable a good evolving supplier database.
* Manage the creation of new suppliers together with Finance controllers and A/P manager.
* Review the supplier base per commodity and support defining the right number of suppliers and who are the right once for Coty. Communicate the preferred suppliers for Coty to stakeholders, every time a new request arises.
* Design a training program to continuously explain stakeholders what suppliers they need to use per commodity, give them contact details and what needs they support to the business.
* Manage discontinuation of suppliers to drive the spend through the preferred suppliers and according to the purchasing strategy, enabling better terms, cash and cots.
* Obtain detail stakeholder needs and master the data according Procurement principles for commodities with small spend.
* Organize meetings with Suppliers and Stakeholders.
Coty, Inc., is an American beauty products manufacturer based in New York founded in Paris, France, by François Coty in 1904. Its main products are fragrances, color cosmetics and skin and body care products.
Experience & Skills required
* A Level Qualification in Maths and English.
* Studying for a business school or engineering school.
* Experience with IT systems or demonstrated aptitude to learning new IT systems.
* Excellent knowledge in MS Office, especially MS Excel.
* Work experience in related industries such as FMCG, pharmaceuticals, similar if possible.
* Highly analytical, able to complete numerate tasks accurately.
* Understanding and interest in Procurement and Supply Chain processes.
* Is proactive to develop and open to learning from others, listens and obtains benefits from feedback.
* Capable to organize own work effectively, responding and adapting to changing priorities, whilst demonstrating reliability and getting things done on time
* Collaborates well with others, adapting to different working styles, communicating effectively to planning stakeholders and customers.
* Good interpersonal relationship and able to express the ideas in a simple way.