On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an International PR Coordinator to join their Marketing division on a 12 month placement. This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate looking to gain valuable experience within the PR field.
Summary of role:
To support the London and overseas PR teams in their roles to illustrate why Britain is such a great visitor destination. This role will provide support to the overseas network and London PR department enabling the teams to focus on delivering higher volumes of editorial content and media visits whilst ensuring that we continue to report to a high level on activities and are able to continue to monitor and adapt to global changes in media trends.
* Download monthly coverage supplied by overseas PR Managers for reporting purposes. Create brag books to showcase results of PR activity to the organisation, strategic partners and government. Ensure coverage is uploaded to Prime for evaluation in good time so reporting can be accurate.
* Daily monitoring and creation of content for the @VisitBritainPR social media account. Work with International Media Officer and Social Media team to grow followers on the channel and maximise media reach.
* Image research for editorial content and pillar guides. Upload of sourced images to the online media centre for use by international media. Work with strategic and destination partners to source new B-Roll which we can host on the Media centre and upload it.
* Support the overseas network with uploading of localised content to the online media centre.
* Assisting London Destination PR team with enquiries from the overseas network.
* Read through a wide variety of key publications for news and trend spotting to feed out to the overseas network.
* Provide support to the International Press Visits Officer with budget management and financial reporting for the London and overseas PR network.
* Ad hoc project support for the London team and overseas network including support with the planning and escorting of media trips and the organisation of industry briefings and showarounds.
* Arrange monthly PR clinic between London team and the overseas network and ensure the outputs of those meetings are shared with the wider Marketing division and other divisions in the organisation. Attend and minute PR Interboards, VIBE and PR networking events as required.
* Upload relevant content from the London and oversea network to the internal communications channels.
* Ensure that the VisitBritain CRM system is regularly updated with key media and industry contacts and that a mailing list of key contact for the PR department is maintained.
* Open to undergraduates who are looking to secure their 3rd year placement
* Should be studying PR, Marketing or Tourism
* Should be on course for a 2:2 or higher
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
* Understanding of international and online media, and of what appeals to overseas visitors in different countries
* Good geographical and tourism product knowledge of Britain
* Good written & verbal communication skills
* Computer literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft office programmes
* Effective team player with a positive and enthusiastic approach
* Ability to manage own time and input to deliver an agreed schedule of output
* Flexibility to prioritise work in response to ad hoc requests and unexpected developments
* Experience working with an online media centre or CRM based systems (desirable)
* Knowledge of foreign languages (desirable)
* Project management skills (desirable)
Type: 12 Month Student/Industrial Placement
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Location: Central London
Start Date: Beginning of August 2017
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 3rd March 2017
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy. Their mission is to grow the value of inbound tourism to Britain, working with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas. Through their global reach, they aim to increase visitor spend to all parts of Britain and improve Britain’s ranking in the eyes of international visitors.
To provide the intern with an exciting opportunity to work on up to date projects within a fast paced tourism environment. This will enable the intern/student to gain real life work experience and skills which will add value to the work of VisitBritain and support the intern in the achievement of their qualification.
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!
** We advise you to apply early