Type: 18 Months Placement
Salary: £39K (for 18 month duration)
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire (occasionally travelling to sites at Workington in Cumbria and St Neots, near Cambridge)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 17/07/2016
An 18 month placement to support the HSE manager in the effective maintenance of all aspects of the 14001 and 18001 management systems in operation within the three sites of the Measurement Products Business Unit.
The role will expose Health Safety and Environmental professionals at the earlier stages of their career to a very broad range of engineering based manufacturing practices. The candidate will become quickly proficient in applicable legislation and newly established internal group standards, policies and codes of practice, supporting line management on a day to day basis. In parallel the role will allow the opportunity to gain strong understanding and implement practices required in material compliance.
* The role will be based at their site in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, but the successful candidates will also need to occasionally travel to their sites at Workington in Cumbria and St Neots, near Cambridge.
What the job entails
* Monitor incident investigation to ensure timely close out of preventative and corrective actions on both short term and long term controls
* Support line management and facilitate the completion of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
* Oversee the effective completion of proactive safety monitoring to include safety observational tours, workplace inspections, and internal audits. Monitor, communicate and act on trends.
* Manage and review the COSHH assessment process.
* Assist in the migration to the 14001:2015 standard.
* Manage the approved contractor list.
* Facilitate the effective implementation of the company’s group codes of practice into the management systems.
* Provide greater transparency of materials compliance especially focussing on REACH or ROHS
A leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* A degree relating to Occupational Health Safety and Environmental Management.
* Good listening, communication and problem solving skills.
* Confident with IT
* Good understanding of engineering practices
* Attention to detail
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early