Type: 12 month Student Placement
Location: London WC2H
Start Date: N/A
Closing Date of Applications: N/A
Urban Outfitters are looking for a bright and energetic individual who is looking to gain their first experience in all things HR related.
This is a 12 month placement and you can expect an intense experience in our lean but fast paced Talent team. You will be given the opportunity to maximise your potential with stimulating work and inspirational colleagues.
* Starter and leaver paperwork (offer letters, contracts, referencing, collating visa documents, p45).
* Create and update personnel files.
* Create and maintain job description files.
* Compile data for exit summary reports as needed.
* Compile references.
* Produce and track all contracts.
* Maintain the e-filing system.
* Assist the HR Manager in producing monthly reports.
* Maintain organisational charts.
* Participating in ad hoc HR projects with the team.
Employee Relations/Employment Law
* Assist in implementing HR policies and procedures.
* In time becoming the first point of contact for HR queries (holiday/sickness/absence etc.)
Learning and Development
* Co-ordinate the induction processes for new interns.
* Prep all training courses (booking rooms, booking equipment, training course coordination).
* Attend all training courses to support the HR Manager.
* Assist the HR Manager in scripting training courses.
Reward/ Compensation and Benefits
* Assist with benefits administration as needed.
* Take the lead on all initial research for new reward ideas.
* It is essential that you are a current student needing an accredited placement, studying HR, Business, Social Sciences or a related subject.
* You must be able to commit to 12 months.
* Ability to effectively manage workload and to work to deadlines and targets
* High level of attention to detail.
* Understanding of the basic principles and functions within an HR/Personnel department and the willingness to build on that knowledge.
* Understanding of and ability to work within principles of equal opportunities, data protection and with regard for confidentiality.
* Good user knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook packages.