Type: Part-time – Permanent – 20 hours per week
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 30/01/2015
For over 18 years Student Employment Services (SES) has been dedicated to providing clients with bespoke placement solutions covering both the sourcing and employment of placement Interns to suit our clients’ business requirements. SES provides a cost effective and efficient solution to its clients, its services are unique within the UK as it is not sector driven and SES can resource Interns of any discipline. SES has formed exceptional working relationships with all the Universities across the country and through these relationships SES are able to provide the highest calibre of Interns and Graduates within the respective disciplines to best suit the needs of our clients.
To provide a professional, comprehensive and operational HR services for SES which will cover all aspects of HR and related activities.
* Provide high-level administration to support HR functions including; generating service agreements, generating employment contracts and other employment documents.
* Act in a confidential capacity handling external and internal inquiries from the public, clients and employees.
* Record all personal data in line with the data protection act.
* Process and maintain HR personnel files for all employees. Responsible for retention and archiving of all personnel records.
* Responsible for ensuring all pre-employment checks:
– Eligibility to work in the UK, passport and visa
– Reference checks: Academic, 5 Year Employment and Personal reference
* Process all compliance checks for new employees which will include HireRight UK and International Checks.
* Assist in orientation and exit interview process.
* Provide references as requested.
* Maintain official HR Employee Handbook.
* Provide office management and clerical services for the Managing Director, includes phone calls, mail, scheduling and calendar issues, filing system upkeep, supply ordering, preparing travel arrangements and reimbursements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent skills in using Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written.
* Pleasant and helpful disposition.
* Positive attitude and enthusiastic approach.
* Demonstrated attention to detail.
* At least two years of college level course work in business, personnel management, or closely related subjects.
* Experience of working within an HR environment.
* Experience of working with students or within an HE environment.
* Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/qualifications required for the role
* We advise you to apply early