To contribute in a timely fashion, as part of a small software and cross functional team, in the development of manufacturing applications from concept to full production.
What the job entails
* Work closely with programme manager to deliver applications to support factory automation initiatives, to agreed timescales and specification
* Primarily focused on UWP, Web and IoT
* Software engineering, throughout the complete software life cycle with attention to detail using a structured object orientated design approach
* Team working, communication skills, ability to work independently is necessary
* Using specialist knowledge to carry out design and / or development and / or experimental procedures within a project team or as an engineer
* Software task resource estimation
* Minimum BSc in software engineering, computer sciences or similar qualification
* Software engineering for windows platform, ideally up to 2 years experience
* Good grounding one or all of the following:
– UWP application development using C#, XAML design and SQL database interaction
– Web application using Angular2, WebAPI and SQL
* A reasonable understanding of IoT technology and peripheral interfacing such as Raspberry Pi, RFiD would be beneficial
* Commercial software engineering experience (desirable)
* Additional useful skills & experience: object orientated design, UML, and software life cycles
Type: 6 month Graduate Internship
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications:
Our client is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
** We advise you to apply early