Graduate Production Engineer (Electronics)
Type: 18 Months Placement
Salary: £43,500 (gross salary for 18 month duration)
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 04/06/2016
To evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly tooling, materials and test procedures to develop, improve and implement operationally excellent manufacturing methods.
* Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate standard.
* working with colleagues to design new systems, circuits and devices or develop existing technology
* Systematically improving the detailed design of a piece of electronic equipment
* Ensure operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
* Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
* Writing specifications and testing theoretical designs to create user-friendly interfaces.
* Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques (Automation).
* Ensuring both factory and cell design meet all customer requirements.
* Lead verification and validation of manufacturing methods.
* Perform manufacturing/ value chain process assessment and make operational re-designs targeting safety improvements, customer delivery improvement and productivity and cost optimisation.
* Preparing technical plans using computer-aided engineering and design software – e.g. 2D and 3D CAD
* Estimating manufacturing and labour costs, and project timescales
* Designing and managing equipment used to control and monitor processes, systems and machinery in many different areas.
* Evaluating operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements
* Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI process.
* Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
* Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
* Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
* Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
A leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* MSc or PhD in electronic/electrical engineering or engineering technology.
* 1 – 3 years’ experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment.
* Lean manufacturing/automation or Design for Manufacture (DFM) experience will be an advantage.
* Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication skills.
* IT skills – including CAD, 3-D modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (Desirable).
* Knowledge of PLC or LABVIEW will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early