QA & Operational Excellence
The objective is to assist and ensure product and process functional performance reliability, resolve technical issues and implement improvement.
What the job entails
* Work alongside Engineers and Scientists to ensure current technology meets functional requirements and to develop new and improved systems, circuits and devices
* Contribute technical and electronic engineering expertise to new product design and introduction to the assembly and manufacturing process
* Improve the design and performance of electronic equipment to eliminate causes of malfunctions and impacts on system requirements
* Develop and implement test, verification and validation schedules to ensure product performance and application of good manufacturing method
* Develop specifications and testing regimes to create reliably-performing, user-friendly interfaces
* Provide technical and engineering support and problem solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate standard
* Recommend and develop technical plans using computer-aided engineering and design software using 2D and 3D CAD
* Work with suppliers to ensure the manufacturing of quality components to defined specifications
* Implement product improvements though statistical and technical analysis of defects and customer complaints utilising robust RCA methods
* Implement verification and validation tools and approaches to ensure product meets functional requirements
* Ensure control of critical components and parts to ensure regulatory compliance and functional performance
* Create and implement process and product audit to ensure compliance and identify improvement opportunities
* Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques including flow and cell design and process automation
* Evaluating operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
* Provide technical electronics and engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI process
* Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment
* Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects
* Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings
* Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation
* BSc, MSc or PhD in electronic/electrical engineering or engineering technology
* At least 3 years’ experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment
* Track record in analog and digital electronic hardware design, including front-end measurement and ultra low power design
* Experience of working in cross-functional teams
* Excellent communication skills
* IT skills – including CAD, 3-D modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (Desirable)
* Lean manufacturing/automation or 6-sigma experience will be an advantage
* Knowledge of PLC or LABVIEW would be an advantage
* Experience of embedded software development (C, C++) would be an advantage
Salary: £25,000 p/a
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
Closing Date of Applications: 10th December 2017
Our client is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Interested in applying?
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a short cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
** We advise you to apply early