Type: 12 Month Graduate Placement
No. of Vacancies: 1
Start Date: June 2016 (or early)
Closing Date of Applications: 30/4/2016
Tinder Foundation wants a world where everyone benefits from digital. We are a charity which supports digitally and socially excluded people to improve their lives through digital.
We are seeking a dynamic, values-driven and ambitious Graduate Intern who is passionate about making a difference to provide all aspects of executive support to our Chief Executive, particularly as we extend our role in the international arena.
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable and broad experience in the development of an ambitious social enterprise, to develop new business skills, to shadow one of the most dynamic third sector leaders in the UK for twelve months and to receive mentoring and coaching support from experts.
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly for the Chief Executive, Helen Milner, to ensure that Tinder Foundation continues to create impact and innovate especially internationally. You will provide support for her, and your ideas and input will be listened to.
You will travel extensively in the UK – primarily between Sheffield and London.
**View full Job accountabilities here: http://goo.gl/yxvdWW
* All employees with contracts of six months or more are invited to be a Member of the Tinder Foundation Staff Owned Mutual. This gives you voting rights for Staff Board Directors and at the AGM (Annual General Meeting)
* 30 days holiday per year
* 10% Employer contribution to a personal stakeholder pension scheme (where you contribute 5%)
* Up to £500 contribution for work related training (or £200 for personal development and £300 for work related training)
* Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service
Tinder Foundation is a charity which supports digitally and socially excluded people to improve their lives through digital. – See more at: http://www.tinderfoundation.org/about
* Educated to degree level – (ideally candidates graduating this summer 2016)
* A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (A* – C or equivalent)
* Demonstrable passion for the role of digital technology to deliver social change at the international level
* Being proactive in making a sustainable difference through voluntary or other activities
Knowledge & Skills:
* Excellent written skills
* Confident communicator
* Ability to think innovatively
* Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
* User of social media
* Excellent IT skills – word processing, spreadsheets, slides/powerpoint, email etc
* Knowledge of International development issues and or social policy
* Knowledge of at least one of the strategic areas in which Tinder Foundation operates (digital inclusion, learning, community action, social inclusion, international)
* User of Google apps for document sharing
* Proactive and a self-starter
* Great team player and able to work independently
* Strong commitment to social inclusion
* Ambitious individual willing to learn quickly and work outside their comfort zone
* Committed to Tinder Foundation’s behaviours: Collaborative, Positive, Creative, People-focused & Inquisitive
Please send your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for this post to [email protected] by 12 noon on Monday 18th April.
** We advise you to apply early and please mention SES when you apply.