Engineering Undergraduate Placement 2016
Type: Student Placement (12 months)
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
No of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: July/August 2016
Closing Date of Applications: Applications have now been closed
Ultra Electronics Precision Air & Land Systems (PALS) recognises that it’s employees are key to the success of the organisation and seeks to maintain a culture of continuous professional development within it’s engineering workforce. As part of this process PALS recruits undergraduate placement students into all of it’s key engineering disciplines, namely:
* Electronics Engineering
* Software Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Systems Engineering
Over your twelve month internship you will in an engineering environment gaining invaluable skills and experience within a multi disciplinary team. You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have the responsibility to deliver on interesting projects. We will support you throughout the year and your manager will offer coaching and mentoring.
* The role will be based in our Cheltenham office.
* Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to apply for a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
* Our internships will start in July or August 2016 for a duration of 12 months. In some circumstances we can be flexible on start date.
* Assessment day will be held on 10th February 2016.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* 12pm finish on Fridays
* Opportunity to work flex time hours
* Free car parking
Ultra Electronics Precision Air & Land Systems is an operating business of Ultra Electronics. We are a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries. We support our military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions for safety critical and high integrity applications. We also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers.
* Strong A Levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
* Studying an engineering degree
* On track to achieve a 2:1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Lucy Higgs, HR Officer – [email protected].
The closing date is 22nd January and our assessment day will be held on 10th February 2016.
* We advise you to apply early