Electronics Engineer (Flow Design & Development)
Type: Graduate Placement
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Duration: 18 months
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Applications: 18/11/2016
The successful candidate will be required to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions in the field of industrial measurement instrumentation by contributing with own ideas and execute assigned product development tasks using unique technical knowledge.
What the job entails
1. Technical and scientific proficiency and leadership: Demonstrates good technical proficiency in own competence area. Performs a variety of technology/engineering assignments, demonstrating ability to recognise problems and provide input to solutions. Documents work and contributes to written reports for area.
2. Technology direction: Keeps informed of strategic plans and performs activities in line with current direction.
3. Innovation and creativity: Contributes to research and development (R&D) projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up activities based on project results
4. Projects, processes and tools: Works as a reliable R&D project member and has the capability to be workpackage responsible, applying a structured way of working.
5. R&D context: Gathers information about relevant company products and technologies in order to achieve efficiency in own R&D activities and develops an understanding of technical drivers and customer value. Provides consulting services to business operations and customers. Assists with design support and maintenance. Works within professional and company expectations of ethics, integrity and health and safety.
6. Knowledge transfer: Participates constructively in working teams. Offers assistance to coworkers. Consults team members and senior colleagues to gain information and knowledge.
7. Network and visibility: Builds up own relevant internal network to support ongoing activities.
8. Intellectual property (IP) and risk management: Works to gain understanding of the importance of IP in industry and the advantage of company’s specific patents relevant to own area of research. Works to gain understanding of risk management in R&D projects.
* Gaining experience of electronics product development in a commercial environment.
* Accountability for own work package (in terms of both delivery quality and timescale).
* Learning and adhering to associated quality procedures and industrial best practices and standards.
* Contributing to the objectives of a wider project scope as a member of the overall project team.
Deals in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
* Good Masters level degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
* Experience of analog and digital electronic hardware design.
* Experience in EMC.
* Practical experience with PCB design.
* Practical experience of using standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, waveform generators, multimeters, etc) for analysis and verification.
* Please note: You should be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions, No sponsorship offered for this role.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter highlighting relevant skills/experiences required for the role.
* We advise you to apply early