On behalf of our client, VisitBritain, we are currently sourcing for two eCommerce & Retail Interns to join their Overseas Network division on a 12 month placement. This is an excellent opportunity for a student, who is looking to gain valuable experience in the Online-Retail Field.
* Work with the Product Manager and the eCommerce executive to deliver new products, updates and re-writes through daily updates
* Work with the Product Manager on product updates, promotions, product schedule and issues log ensuring all shops are kept updated daily
* Work with the Product Manager and the Finance Dept spot checking invoices monthly
* Build and update a suppliers’ database accessible and useful for the team and the organisation
Shop Management & Reports:
* To maximise the commercial potential of the shops & merchandising to drive sales
* To translate and update shop content
* E-Commerce research & report writing
* To manage shop categories
* To become au fait with all aspects of the e-commerce platform and to suggest enhancements to the system
* To deal promptly and helpfully with customer emails in English
* Support the product team in all aspects of the product process ensuring the shop is presented to its best capabilities
* To monitor the online shops for issues which might deter customers from buying and to suggest ways of combating these issues
* Contribute to the work of the team as required, data entry and checking, problem solving, producing reports and presentations, special requests, etc..
To provide the Intern with an exciting opportunity to work on up to date projects within a fast paced tourism environment. This will enable the Intern to gain real life work experience and skills which will add value to the work of VisitBritain and support the Intern in the achievement of their qualification.
* Open to undergraduates looking for a years placement
* Open to applicants from all degree disciplines
* Good knowledge of Excel and other systems
* Interest in account management/customer service
* Interest in working in an e-commerce environment
* Good with numbers and interest in financial reporting/evaluation
* Able to appreciate that the job will contain some mundane tasks
* Fully able to commit to a one year placement
* Creative writing capabilities
Type: Student Industrial Placement – 12 months
No of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: June 2018
Hours: Full time (Mon – Fri)
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy.
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a cover letter highlighting your interest in role, eCommerce, customer service, working in the tourism industry and what you wish to gain from the placement.
** We advise you to apply early
Quote from previous Intern
Within a short amount of time, I was given real responsibility, meaty projects..I was given important tasks within the team and the freedom to develop my role in the team but also to develop as an individual through training and other initiatives.