eCommerce & Retail Intern
Type: 12 Month Placement
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Location: Central London
No of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: June 2017
Closing Date of Applications: –
On behalf of our client, VisitBritain, we are currently sourcing for two eCommerce & Retail Interns to join their Overseas Network division on a 12 month placement. This is an excellent opportunity for a student, who is looking to gain valuable experience in the Online-Retail Field.
To assist the Product Manager on the day to day tasks, and occasionally support the online shop team in order to maximise revenue by providing the best possible online customer service.
* Work with the Product Manager and the eCommerce executive to deliver new products, updates and re-writes through daily updates
* Work with the Product Manager on product updates, promotions, product schedule and issues log ensuring all shops are kept updated daily
* Work with the Product Manager and the Finance Dept spot checking invoices monthly
* Build and update a suppliers’ database accessible and useful for the team and the organisation
2. Shop management & reports
* To maximise the commercial potential of the shops & merchandising to drive sales
* To translate and update shop content
* E-Commerce research & report writing
* To manage shop categories
* To become au fait with all aspects of the e-commerce platform and to suggest enhancements to the system
3. Customer Service
* To deal promptly and helpfully with customer emails in English
* Support the product team in all aspects of the product process ensuring the shop is presented to its best capabilities
* To monitor the online shops for issues which might deter customers from buying and to suggest ways of combating these issues
4. Team work
* Contribute to the work of the team as required, data entry and checking, problem solving, producing reports and presentations, special requests, etc..
To provide the Intern with an exciting opportunity to work on up to date projects within a fast paced tourism environment. This will enable the Intern to gain real life work experience and skills which will add value to the work of VisitBritain and support the Intern in the achievement of their qualification.
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy. Their mission is to grow the value of inbound tourism to Britain, working with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas. Through their global reach, they aim to increase visitor spend to all parts of Britain and improve Britain’s ranking in the eyes of international visitors.
* Open to undergraduates looking for a years placement
* Open to applicants from all degree disciplines
* Good knowledge of Excel and other systems
* Good with numbers and interest in financial reporting/evaluation
* Interest in account management/customer service
* Interest in working in an e-commerce environment
* Able to appreciate that the job will contain some mundane tasks
* Fully able to commit to a one year placement
* Creative writing capabilities
Please apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter via SES highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!