eCommerce Operations Intern (Italian/Dutch Speaker)
Type: 12 Month Placement
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Location: Central London
No of Vacancies: 1
Start Date: March 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 28/02/2017
On behalf of our client, VisitBritain, we are currently sourcing for an Italian/Dutch speaking Operations Intern to join their Overseas Network division on a 12 month placement. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate, who is looking to gain valuable experience in the Online-Retail Field.
To manage the Retail operations for English countries in order to maximise revenue & profit whilst providing the best online customer experience, backed up by an efficient ecommerce operational service.
1. Shop Management
* To maximise the commercial potential of the shops to drive sales
* To re-configure the shop homepages, translate and update shop content and manage shop categories using the content management systems
* To monitor the shops for bugs and carry out end-to-end testing on fixes
* To liaise with VisitBritain staff overseas in order to maximise shop coverage/marketing and to also undertake online marketing as needed
* Work with the Managers on the development, integration and delivery of new business & promotional ventures
* Work with Online Marketing & Analytics team to enhance the shops and increase revenue and profitability
* To become au fait with all aspects of the e-commerce platform and to suggest enhancements to the system
* To translate and update products descriptions and e-vouchers
* To activate products on the shops and make sure that they are displayed correctly
* Work with Product & Affiliates Manager to provide support for delivering the Merchandising and the Affiliate strategies
3. Customer Service
* To monitor the online shops for issues which might deter customers from buying and to suggest ways of combating these issues
* To deal promptly and helpfully with customer email and telephone enquiries, at least half of which will be in Italian/Dutch
* To investigate payment issues and monitor all orders for fraud
* To request refunds accurately in the systems
* To liaise with the Finance Team in order to sort out any issues relating to refunds or returned items.
4. Fulfilment & Stock
* To ensure that shops are adequately stocked and this is reflected in the system
* To liaise as required with the online shop fulfilment houses in order to resolve delivery issues
* To update stock batches as needed and process returns
5. Profit & Financial Reporting
* To ensure profit margins are maintained and targets achieved through keeping the shop optimised for sales
* Interpret Profit & Loss, product sales and other reports to identify errors and provide insight into performance and ideas for resolutions / improvements
* Contribute to the work of the team as required, including user acceptance testing (UAT), data entry and checking, problem solving, producing reports and presentations, etc
To provide the Intern with an exciting opportunity to work on up to date projects within a fast paced tourism environment. This will enable the Intern to gain real life work experience and skills which will add value to the work of VisitBritain and support the Intern in the achievement of their qualification.
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy. Their mission is to grow the value of inbound tourism to Britain, working with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas. Through their global reach, they aim to increase visitor spend to all parts of Britain and improve Britain’s ranking in the eyes of international visitors.
* Open to graduates
* Open to applicants from all degree disciplines
* Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and Italian/Dutch is essential
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
* Excellent Microsoft Office proficiency
* CMS experience desirable
* Willingness to learn new skills
* Customer service experience and the ability to deal with difficult customers
* Knowledge of e-commerce desirable
* Knowledge of tourism in Britain desirable
* Previous experience of writing and translating content highly desirable
* Fully able to commit to a one year placement
* Ability to take the initiative
* Ability to build external and internal relationships and partnerships
* Exhibits professionalism
* Ability to plan and prioritise with patience
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver to deadlines
* Solves problems
* Emotionally intelligent
* Prepared to challenge and be challenged
* Accountable and responsible
* Communicates effectively
* Listens and hears accurately
Please apply by sending in your up-to-date CV and a detailed cover letter via SES highlighting relevant qualifications/experiences required for the role.
*A short translation exercise would have to be completed as part of the application process.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to undertake this exciting and dynamic work experience opportunity, apply now!