Customer Management & Service Programme
Type: Graduate Internship
Salary: £17,850 (pro-rata)
Start Date: Summer 2016
Closing Date of Applications: 08/01/2016
Customer Management & Services is all about building the kind of long-standing, close and productive relationships that our business has been built on. With customers in 150 countries and operations in more than 50, there are always new challenges and opportunities to be tackled. A summer internship with us is a great way to get an insight into Rolls-Royce – and what it takes to do well here. You’ll help us deliver on challenging and complex demands on behalf of our customers’ right around the world. And you’ll do that by listening carefully, thinking deeply and paying close attention to detail so we can deliver the products and services that meet their needs.
Learning from driven and experienced professionals, you’ll take on real-life assignments and be tested like never before. Over the course of 10 weeks, you’ll be supported through a challenging and exciting placement in areas like sales support, commercial marketing or business improvement. It’s all designed to give you invaluable practical experience, insights and skills. Perform well and you may get a chance to join our graduate programme – a fantastic start to an international career with one of the world’s most prestigious companies.
What you’ll do
You can expect to work on real projects with real outcomes. It could be that you provide market information to support growth opportunities. Or carry out customer analysis and surveys to generate insight that will feed directly to our customer relationship and new business decision making process. You might be supporting the development of our marketing strategies, helping us execute our customer strategy or creating value propositions. It’s a great way to see first-hand how we deliver competitive advantage and a relentlessly responsive service for our global customers.
Who we are
Our high-performance, integrated power solutions are at the cutting edge of technology. From powering huge aircraft carriers to advanced submarines, supersonic fighter jets to highly efficient passenger planes, we go above and beyond to create better. And it’s all thanks to our people. Whether they work in engineering or finance; manufacturing or project management, our 55,500-strong team work together to deliver excellence on land, at sea and in the air – to customers in 150 nations around the world.
What you’ll need
* We want to see great communication skills developed through well-rounded life experience – academically, socially and in any previous work situations.
* Your pre-university academic record will be strong with A-levels, or equivalent qualifications, at grade B or above in Science, Economics or Maths.
* You should also be on course to achieve at least a 2:1 degree (or a comparable qualification) in a technical, numerical or science subject.
* Flexibility around location is important too, as you’ll be based in the business you join.
* Ambitious and driven, you’ll be excited about the fact that this internship could lead to a place on our graduate programme.